Scientific evidence that oral and overall health are interrelated compels us to think differently, and change the way we care for people. The best way to do this is to create and present well researched and novel educational programs, and share with generosity the resources that offer healthcare providers the greatest opportunity to impact patients’ lives by re-connecting the mouth to the rest of the body.
Just Ask Campaign
The 'Just Ask' campaign is an innovative group of enduring resources which are specifically designed to increase the awareness of the significance of periodontal disease within the greater healthcare community and build referral networks. Working with an award winning medical illustrator and peer reviewers, Casey Hein & Associates developed these novel and beautifully illustrated resources to educate patients about periodontal-systemic links, and place into the hands of dentists and dental hygienists the risk assessment tools they need to screen patients for chronic diseases associated with periodontal disease. Other resources include referral forms to make it easy for physicians, physicians' assistants, nurses, pharmacists, diabetes educators and other non-dental healthcare providers to screen patients for periodontal disease and refer them directly to dental practices for periodontal evaluations. These tools are great resources for progressive practitioners who are looking for new ideas and a unique way to build collaboration between dentistry and medicine.
Click here to learn more about the "Just Ask" campaign.
Case-based Learning: Studies for Discussion
Learners and visitors who have registered with Casey Hein & Associates are invited to download copywritten case studies that are posted in this section. These provide a rich opportunity for interactive exploration of cases based on realistic problems encountered in caring for patients with multi-factorial diseases and conditions related to the oral cavity.
WHY CHOOSE CASEY?
- Highly respected speaker of hundreds of national and international presentations at major dental meetings, national, state, and local professional associations, governmental and insurance agencies, Seattle Study Clubs, and universities
- Well recognized author with hundreds of publications including scientific and professional journals, consensus reports, white papers, and textbook chapters
- Founder of the first publication on oral-systemic medicine: Grand Rounds in Oral- Systemic Medicine. This quarterly journal was a PennWell publication with an industry- wide distribution
- Pioneer in and advocate for incorporating periodontal-systemic links into everyday patient care in both medicine and dentistry
- Creator and author of an oral-systemic health curriculum for physicians, nurses and other non-dental healthcare providers (oralhealthed.com)
- Credited as a visionary in establishing models for dental-medical collaboration in oral health care
- A seasoned professor and trainer, Casey utilizes adult learning concepts to engage all learners and ensure results
As both a practical clinician and owner of a consulting business, Casey has experience resolving the day-to-day challenges experienced in dental practices
Animated Mini-Messages to Educate Patients about Periodontal Health and Systemic Links
Note: Casey Hein owns the copyright on these animations. Feel free to share the animations with patients; however, posting these animations on another website is a violation of copyright.
Casey Hein & Associates is excited about all our visitors and we invite everyone to explore what we have to offer. Please take a moment to learn about the many benefits of registration.