Hot Off the Press
Reimagining the Dental Hygienist
Why Choose Casey?
- Highly respected speaker of hundreds of national and international presentations at major dental meetings, national, state, and local professional associations, governmental and insurance agencies, Seattle Study Clubs, and universities
- Well recognized author with hundreds of publications including scientific and professional journals, consensus reports, white papers, and textbook chapters
- Founder of the first publication on oral-systemic medicine: Grand Rounds in Oral- Systemic Medicine. This quarterly journal was a PennWell publication with an industry- wide distribution
- Pioneer in and advocate for incorporating periodontal-systemic links into everyday patient care in both medicine and dentistry
- Creator and author of an oral-systemic health curriculum for physicians, nurses and other non-dental healthcare providers
- Credited as a visionary in establishing models for dental-medical collaboration in oral health care
- A seasoned professor and trainer, Casey utilizes adult learning concepts to engage all learners and ensure results
- As both a practical clinician and owner of a consulting business, Casey has experience resolving the day-to-day challenges experienced in dental practices.
Our latest poll...
Become an Early Adopter of Medical-Dental IntegrationDentistry 3.0 is a new philosophy of practice that embraces medical screening in the dental environment. Look for accredited courses to help you master point-of-care screening to identify patients who have or who are at risk for non-communicable and infectious diseases (and life-altering conditions), and offer other primary care services which have traditionally been delivered by physicians and nurses.
Check out courses that offer:
- Well researched insights that simplify complex biological oral-systemic interrelationships
- Novel ideas for transferring evidence of oral-systemic links into clinical practice
- Medical screening in dentistry
- Models for interprofessional collaboration
- Sophisticated animations
- Case studies and storytelling of professional experiences
- Accredited continuing dental education courses
Post-Course Implementation Workshop (Virtual)
Designed as a continuation of the course “The Scientist-Clinician in Diagnosis and Long-Term Stabilization of Periodontitis”
Oral-Systemic Health Education for Non-Dental Healthcare Providers
One of her responsibilities at the University of Manitoba was to lead a team in the development of her vision for the first comprehensive curriculum about oral health for physicians, nurses and other non-dental healthcare providers (Oral-Systemic Health Education for Non-Dental Healthcare Providers), which won for the University of Manitoba the prestigious William J. Gies Award for Outstanding Innovation in 2015.
Resources - Help Yourself!
Animated Mini-Messages to Educate Patients about Periodontal-Systemic Links
Visitors are invited to preview the first animated mini message. The Mini-Messages are available for registered users to view for patient education. To access all animated mini messages, please take a few minutes to register or login.