Case Vignettes for Discussion
Enhance your ability to diagnose, treatment plan, and appropriately refer patients who have periodontal disease and multiple risk factors for inflammatory driven disease states/conditions.
Case vignettes are designed to stimulate visitors’ critical thinking on how to re-think patient care that incorporates findings of scientifically supported oral-systemic interrelationships, implement risk assessment, and build collaboration between dentistry and the greater healthcare community. Case vignettes are excellent pre-course resources, in addition to use during staff development meetings.
Visitors are invited to preview the introduction and the first case vignette. To access Case Vignettes 2-5, please take a few minutes to register, or login to the left.
- Case Vignette 1: Bob (Periodontal disease & recurrent respiratory diseases)
- Case Vignette 2: Betsy (Diabetes & periodontal disease)
- Case Vignette 3: Mary (Periodontal disease & adverse pregnancy outcomes)
- Case Vignette 4: Mike (Diabetes & periodontal disease)
- Case Vignette 5: Teresa (Periodontal disease & cancer treatment)